Tuesday, March 29, 2011

finished and frogged

 
Hat's : Whit's Knits; Winter Hats for Everybody
Booties: Calista's version of Babystøvler

After finding a stash of yarn (mostly baby) in the attic Mom and I have been madly making hats. The thinking was that this pattern would provide good practice with knitting in the round with two circular needles. So when I try for socks at least I won't be fighting with double pointed needles. I hate DPN's. Once the first few hats were done what would happen but Knit Pick's had a sale. Yarn Sale! What happy words! So sock yarn was painstakingly selected. (Yarn choices are sometimes right up there with finding paint colors. there's just so many choices. ) The final decision came down on Felici, a wonderfully soft merino wool blend.  As you can see we couldn't pick just one. 
Once the hat's were finished I had to make some matching booties. This shade of pink makes me think of raspberry sorbet.

Pattern: Tam-o- Shanter By Elizabeth Zimmernann
Yarn: Lion Brand Amazing 'Regatta'

That rather bulbous thing just above is my unwashed tam. The Amazing yarn turned out to be amazing. Lovely colors and it got softer the more I worked with it. Alas, after washing and then drying over a Lenox plate, it turns out I don't have the proper head shape for a Tam. So the poor thing will be frogged. Returning back into a lovely ball of yarn waiting for inspiration to hit.


available at Ravelry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.