Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Brownies & Hearts





It's cold this morning. Like 15 degrees cold.

In all fairness the sun is out,  the birds are singing, and the fields are sparkling white. (Blindingly so.) The landscape has been really beautiful, if a little monochromatic of late. So to counter act winter I made brownies and a crochet heart. (Valentines day is encroaching)  The brownie recipe is an old stand-by  from Fine Cooking.  It's a one pot wonder that makes up in a flash and comes out fabulously fudgy.

Although now that I think of it, I'm not sure I've really ever had a bad brownie. Maybe one with too many nuts. I have a thing about nuts diluting my chocolate.

But I digress; the heart can be found here. The Internet is a buzz with Valentine related stuff these days. Mostly I've been ignoring it, but I needed a little color today.


1 comment:

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.