Monday, February 20, 2012

Feeling old and cold












The weekend began with icy sidewalks, gained a few inches of snow, and I got a year older. Mom and I fried vegetables and made cheesecake. Cheesecake ranks at the top of the Work vs Yummy scale for me. Most of the time involved is cooling the cake down after baking. Ina Garten's recipe is really good, especially if you spoon berries over it.

As to my birthday, it's made me more than a little irritable this morning. I woke up with a headache and a giant zit. Thank you so much universe! A hot shower fixed the headache, stupid weather. And after troweling on some make up I no longer look like an extra in an zombie flick. My brain still feels like over cooked oatmeal. I spent a good twenty minutes looking for my coffee cup and then the a sharpie I lost during the cup search. Stupid chemo brain. It's feeling a little more like dementia these days. And why a multi- vitamin should make me wonky and give me a hot flash I don't know.

Silver Lining - I have cheesecake in the fridge and all the extra trips up and down the stairs counts as exercise.

1 comment:

  1. Cheer up! you're not as old as I am!!! Love the photos. They really captured the dark days. At least we have more daylight now!
    hw

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.