Monday, April 23, 2012

Chicks - week 3





The chicks have now moved out into the great outdoors. They are slightly more feathered and really packing on the weight. Some line in their development seems to have been crossed where they've gone from vaguely normal to wide bodied eating machines. The Internet abounds with tales of raising this breed. Some people hate them, others love them.  Everyone seems to agree they are very strange chickens, some calling them mutants.  I've separated the feed and water so they have to walk around. The Internet was right about them not wanting to do anything. They would be happy to sleep with their heads in the feed if I let them.

If you're interested you can read more about raising meat birds at The Happy Homesteader. Which if you're not or are squeamish and don't want think about where the shrink wrapped packages are from, don't follow any of the links on the page.

Anyway this is where my weekend went.

Eventually I will post about about something other than chickens again. Promise.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.