Monday, April 28, 2014

Holstein chicken


IMG_7714

It's not easy being the roosters favortie girl.  He "likes" her so well she has no feathers on her back anymore.  Poultry romance is, well, kind of violent.  So with a bald hen it was time for action. Either Rooster would need a pedicure or  the hen needed some protection.

So now there's a chicken running around in my yard with a jacket.

The free pattern I used was found on Back to Basic Living.   The one I made is from the same template but I used scrapcanvas and lined it with fleece.


2 comments:

  1. How did you get it to stay on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are thin elastic bands that fit under the wings. It slips on the hen like she's wearing a backback.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.