Thursday, June 30, 2011

Is it hot in here?

 I would like to propose a new law of nature:

When the ambient temperature is over 70 degrees, it shall be impossible to have a hot flash.
 If this isn't a case of cruel and usual punishment I don't know what is.



So I made cake. Cake fixes everything. With a great show of will power I talked myself out of  Triple Fudge Brownies and went with Carrot Cake instead. Even the Cooking Light version. So extra points for having less fat and a vegetable. Also I used my new tiny cupcake trays! Small food is always better.  I didn't use the cream cheese frosting, although cream cheese frosting is yummy. I had a batch of creme fraiche so I whipped vanilla into that. 

Fun fact; Johnny-Jump-Ups are not only lovely but they also keep plastic wrap from getting into the frosting.

To make your own Creme Fraiche ;

Combine in medium bowl:
         2 tablespoons buttermilk
         2 cups heavy cream

Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature overnight.
Store tightly covered and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.