Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Good Morning

I like to leave the kitchen door open in the mornings when the air is soft and the bugs are still asleep. The dog and cats come and go on their own while I have coffee and watch the news. This morning Mrs. White decided to join me. She has free run of the yard around the house and she's pretty tame but this was a first. I was half asleep waiting the caffeine to kick when I looked over and there's a chicken in the living room. I just sort of stared at her for a minute before cracking up. She checked things out happily burbling away. I walked her back out, past the dog,  to join the other yard chicks. She kept clucking away in no great hurry. It was as if she just came in to say good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.