Monday, September 26, 2011

In my Kitchen


 It's salsa time!  Sunday brought dark skies and high winds to this part of the world, making it a perfect time for a little canning.

My versions of tomato and tomatillo salsas involve a lot work by the Cuisinart and very little work by me. Basically I throw things into a pot and cook just until it tastes good. The recipes I get out are for general reference as I can't seem to follow one exactly. I tend to measure things by the hand full. I've posted the recipes if anyone wants to try them. Just work around the water spots and hand written notes.Salsa seems to one of those very subjective things. Everyone likes a different level of heat.

**microwave peel your garlic; 30 seconds or less on High, garlic will explode out of it's skin












Canning info and supplies:

Fresh Preserving.com






Ball Blue Book Guide to Preserving

Pickles and Relishes: From Apples to Zucchinis, 150 recipes for preserving the harvest [Paperback]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.