Friday, October 28, 2011

A stranger in the night


Sometime during the night a bear came by and helped himself to my apple tree. He pulled off 2 fence boards and cleaned out all the low hanging fruit. The bear was so neat about it I only realized he'd been there by the giant pile of poo. Bucky peed on it while doing his rounds this morning. The dog is very offended that something else pooed in his yard. (I have a pic of the giant pile but decided against posting it)
this is the only damage to the tree.


Look how nicely the bear piled up the fence boards.


This variety of apple benefits from a good frost before being eaten.  I was planning on getting to it this weekend. I guess I'll just take care of that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.