Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 2 with Clyde

This past week Clyde has relaxed and has been exploring the house, getting to know the family. Here's how it went;

Monday; Clyde appropriated a gnome ornament. Ate the beard, pulled all the stuffing out.

Tuesday; Discovered that the stair well can be used as an echo chamber. Especially in the hours between 1am and 5am.

Wednesday; Clyde has a 2 stroke max. Anything more and he devolves into fisticuffs. Probably why his original people had him de-clawed.

Thursday; Almost played with Sherlock. Then broke into a bag of hamburger buns and ate the top of one. Played in the bath tub drip for several hours.

Friday: Tried to pet Clyde as I passed him in the hall, he retaliated by biting me. Research on the Internet has identified Clyde as a Red or Flame point Siamese.(Really should have looked into that before I brought him home)

Saturday; around 1 am - yodeling in the stairwell disturbed Sherlock, who boxed his ears and pushed him down the stairs.

Sunday; I woke in the wee hours with him next to my head staring at me.

Monday; Clyde rubbed on my leg while I wiped out the microwave after blowing up a cup of coffee. Then  he jumped on the counter and ate my flax oil vitamin.


I don't know if Clyde is proof of the idiom 'no good deed goes unpunished' or not. All I know is I haven't had a decent nights sleep since he got here.  I like my cats quirky but anti-social and loud may be pushing it.

I think I might not be Siamese cat person.

Or this week has been some kind of elaborate hazing ritual.

I need coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.