Saturday, November 26, 2011

recovering from a turkey coma


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a safe Black Friday. I was among the ranks of those that slept in late and had Pumpkin pie in their jammies. A few days of warm weather (the 40's) and most of the snow has melted. Which made for an easier trek into the South 40 for greens. There is something wonderful about the smell of fir and cedar, always makes me think of the holidays.

With the house smelling of turkey and evergreen, Mom and I have been making up lists. The cookie list, the card list, and the gift lists. With some more coffee I will be at the sewing machine this afternoon putting together aprons for Thing 1 and 2.  I'm trying to go for a more meaningful gift experience this year and not go nuts int he Lego isle.

Snow looks to be on the horizon so I'm off to fill the wood bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.