Friday, May 25, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


It's been raining and cold all week. Feeling very much like March instead of May. The garden is coming along and so are the weeds. The wet weather seems to have encouraged everything to burst from the ground at an alarming rate. If you stand in one spot too long you can see the grass grow. As a reward for pulling wheelbarrows full of weeds from the beds; I made Oatmeal Cookies. I'm not sure where this recipe comes from but my family has used it forever. These were often included in lunch boxes to grammar school and packed along to all the Boy Scout events.


This is the old card out of the recipe box in my Dad's handwriting. I don't always add nuts and this time I didn't have enough chocolate chips so I used white chocolate.  The white chocolate also had the nice effect of filling the house with a lovely vanilla sent when they cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.