Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Hike

view from the top,  my house is the spec on  the right

Indian Paintbrush and Penstamen

The rain let up for a fabulous Memorial weekend. With clear skies and a light breeze Mom and I and some of our neighbors hiked the mountain behind the house.  There were lots of spring wildflowers and despite a pollen haze the views were fantastic. We hit the trail at 9am and were back (collapsed on the lawn chairs) around 3.30.  I managed to evade the bugs and sunburn only a 2 inch square above one wrist. Not quite sure how that happened.

Hope everyone else had as much fun as I did on the long weekend.

Trail snacks included these Trail Mix Bars. They're really easy to make and very good to eat.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.