Monday, July 2, 2012

Blue Garter Cardi



Why have I never made cloth buttons before? They are fabulous, easy , and creates a justification for fat quarter purchases. What could be better?  These little houses seemed like the perfect foil for the plainness (is plainness a word? It seems appropriate.) of the pattern.. This is a replacement sweater for Thing 2 since she is still wearing one I made her two years ago that now fits like a shrug. Go figure.

The sweater came out rather well considering the pattern was in french and Google translate did some interesting things to the terminology. I ended up making my own diagram and sort of winging it for the collar. So it's some what off center and one side is a bit free form. But the yarn is wonderfully soft and machine washable Perfect for a very active 4 year old girl.

Garter Stitch Cardigan pattern by Mamoizelle K
On Ravelry;  gilet simple


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.