Saturday, July 21, 2012

The cherry rush is on


IMG_5897

IMG_5896

IMG_5923

IMG_5919

Since last posting the weather has turned hot and humid, with thunder in the afternoons. Now 2 sets of  aunts and uncles are here for the cherry glut. Over the last 3 days we've picked about 120 pounds of cherries and processed almost all of them. There are cases of canned cherries,  dried cherries, pickled cherries, and cherry cobbler and pie. My hands are stained purple and my stomach will probably rebel if I eat any more. I'm ready for a nap in my chaise out on the lawn with the dogs. There are 4 terriers running around with their tongues hanging out. If we can keep the Westies out of the cow pies for the afternoon, I'll count that as a win.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.