Friday, September 14, 2012

Fall is creeping in



The morning temperatures are have been going down. Socks have become necessary again. There has even been small pockets of frost along the valley. The hoop house is once again shrouded in plastic and the squash vines are sporting row cover. The garden looks ready for Halloween.

During my accidental blog vacation, we've made three batches of jam, 2 flats of apple sauce and eaten a lot of zucchini. This is first year the grape vines have really produced.. Even with eating them by the handfuls, there is enough for juice and raisins. The constant drone of the dehydrator is background noise for the bubbling of never ending pots of tomato sauce.  Tonight, I think I'll make meat balls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.