Thursday, January 24, 2013

Gray days


IMG_6502
IMG_6503
IMG_6506
IMG_6508

The really cold weather has shifted to the east. After a week in the teens, 30 degrees seems balmy. I went for a walk this morning without my overcoat; I couldn't help but laugh. It's amazing what you can adjust to.
With the outside world frozen solid; I've been working on bears. The gray flannel bear is my first attempt at movable arms. The buttons worked wonderfully, but next time I think I'll use nylon thread to make the joint stronger. Proper ear sizing and placement was tricky too. The smallest details make such a difference. Next up is Casey, but he may have to wait until after Mom's 'Un-Birthday Party" this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.