Tuesday, July 9, 2013

In My Kitchen : Goat Milk Ice cream


goat ice cream

The weather has leveled out with the temp not falling below 75 degrees in the afternoons. It's officially ice cream time.  Now that Nellie has come into her milk I see lots of ice cream in my future.  

Goat Milk Ice Cream
yield 1 quart

4 cups goat milk
1/2  - 3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp  vanilla  or 1 vanilla bean

Combine in a blender (this will pulverize the vanilla bean) 

Freeze according to our ice cream maker's instructions. 

---------------------------

I have an older version of the Cuisinart® Ice Cream/Frozen Yogurt Maker so it takes about 25 - 30 minutes to turn into soft serve. 

-----------------------------

Pictured above is a maple flavored version of the same recipe.  Instead of the sugar and vanilla I put in 1/4 cup Maple syrup.  The result is like a frozen maple bar. Yum!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.