Thursday, August 29, 2013

Getting in the hay


IMG_7162

IMG_7160
IMG_7163

It's the hottest time of the year so of course that means time to cut hay. For us that means lots of moving bales around. First out of the fields then into the barns.  The straw bales (pictured above) aren't too bad to deal with, kind of awkward and poky. The grass hay is a little heavier but doable. The alfalfa bales have destroyed all feelings of strength and self sufficiency. At 70 pounds apiece, they have kicked my butt!  I have ten left to unload and then all 2 tons will be in the barn and ready for winter. I may be reduced to an achy mass of sore muscles by then. 
At least the goats are having fun. The trailer and piles of bales have become one giant jungle gym for them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.