Monday, August 19, 2013

In My Kitchen


IMG_7158
Dill Paneer


IMG_7167
Semi-hard Dry Jack and Farmhouse Cheddar

Nellie is producing about 3 quarts of milk a day so I have started making pressed cheeses. Most of the cheeses that use rennet need at least 2 gallons of milk so with Nellie's higher milk production it doesn't take as long to accumulate. One of these days I need to have a proper cheese press so the cheese round will come out more uniform. The pressing disk didn't stay very even on the Dry Jack so it's got a lump. The fresh Cheddar worked out really well. I've used it on pizza and it melted really well. 


From the internet
The Impossible Pie ---  super easy and really good - I've done the coconut and made a  raspberry version that was really good.
goat milk yogurt - this really is fool proof - comes out think like greek yogurt

Peach Frozen Yogurt -- well, I have goat yogurt so why not.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.