Friday, September 27, 2013

Preserving my Garden

IMG_7196


IMG_7188

IMG_7187

IMG_7170

IMG_7261

IMG_7269


Two weeks of rain and the everything has greened up. Looks like Spring again. Expect for the shortening days. I had to turn the farmer light back on and light the pilot on the furnace. The wood shed is filling up again. The freezer is getting full and the root cellar is stocked.
It's been a good tomato year, so good that I broke out in hives from eating too many.  There's a never ending pot of tomato sauce on the stove and the oven is full of trays for roasting. Another gallon of red sauce just came out of the canner.

Note to self : get more quart jars

Magnetic Lid Lifter = my new favorite thing in the world.  It's a magnet on a stick. Stupidly simply and completely brilliant.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.