Wednesday, September 18, 2013

it's raining sideways...

The last of my summer guests have gone home. The last 30 days have seen 3 different groups come and go. With the final crew being my brother's family (ie Thing's 1+2). There's nothing like kids under the age of 10 to amp up the energy level. Or the noise level. It was wonderful.
Now the house seems too big and too quiet. The cats have retaken the living room and the dog is snoring on the couch while I do laundry and sweep the hardwood floors. (It was very kind of everyone not the mention the drifts of Clyde fur that had accumulated while I was playing hostess.) The goats are pining for Thing 2 who was constantly stuffing grapes into them.
While the kids were here we hit the fabric store for new pj flannel. Somewhere in between eye searing pinks and the merits of fabric stiffeners for a cape, Thing 1 declared he'd really like a pirate coat for Halloween.  I not sure how it happened but I now have 15 pounds of faux leather for a Jack Sparrow style pirate coat. God Help Me! Thing 1 is going to have to go into training to be able to lift the thing up if I ever get it done.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.