Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Home again, home again...

I'd dance a fine jig, but for the head cold I brought home. We had a marvelous time in spite of the none stop rain. And I didn't feel like killing my brother at all. Well okay the last day was touch and go when he reverted to a troll. That's 7 days of  near constant together-ness. I think that's some kind of record.

Thing 2 is now 3 and cute as a bug. (That's a weird sentiment. since when have bugs been cute.) She's growing like a weed and one of the best behaved 3 year old I've ever met. We had a tea party and I braved a pair of very uncomfortable shoes for her. Why do heels have to hurt so much? It was very fun and Thing 2 had a great time. I'll post the dress and cape I made for her when I'm on less cold medicine. This post is getting a little screwy.

I've a pot of golden broth on the stove that's starting to bubble. This stuff has magical curative powers.


Golden Broth from The New Laurel's Kitchen 

1onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup yellow split peas
2 TBL oil
1/2 Tsp turmeric
2 quarts hot water

I use more garlic and add chili oil. Also I had chicken stock, well rooster stock, so I used that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.