Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Facial Accessories

 Birthday gifts for the under 10 crowd are a lot more fun than for adults. Thing 1 is having a pirate themed birthday party to celebrate being 8. I already had a pile of masks in the works when that announcement came so eye patches and facial hair were added. Funny glasses were just too good to pass up so those went to. Eight year-olds are much more appreciative of the wacky than other people.

While I had lots of fun making everything, and  thinking about all the different characters that would need mustaches. I didn't consider the layering possibilities. You can never have too many accessories!

Patterns for the facial accessories:
Super Hero Masks 
Eye patches
Mustaches   - all are based on this pattern
Beard

Everything was packed into a cotton bag (with mustache drawn on) for easy storage.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself.